Wednesday 27 November 2013

'Europe in Love' new release from Jacqueline George


I love visiting Europe. It’s just so full of beautiful and interesting things. I live on Cape York in tropical  Queensland, twenty minutes from the Great Barrier Reef. Cape York is about the same size as the UK, but we only have ~20,000 people. From here to the nearest supermarket is about 150 miles.
We drive past miles and miles of nothing to get to Cairns, our nearest real town. When we fly to Europe on holiday and hire a car, how many villages, people, cities, international borders would we have passed driving the same distance?
I love the history on display everywhere, something the locals take in their stride but is a matter of wonder to us poor colonials. We have pubs, austere drinking halls with poker machines and large screen televisions blaring sport 25 hours a day. They have cafés that really, really want you to sit down over a coffee and cognac to discuss the world, art, politics...
And the women! It gets hot at home, and make-up just does not work well if your skin is continually moist. There is a limit to the amount of clothing you can wear when the temperature climbs, but - look - do the girls of Sicily and Spain go around in flip-flops, tired tee-shirts and baggy shorts the way we do? Of course not. They are Europeans and have style.
OK, so I’m being romantic, but Europe does romance too! Sophisticated food, and romance to go with it? Just hold me back! I swear, if only they had coconut palms like my garden, I would live in a garret and eat dried bread just for the fun of living there.
Europe in Love is just me putting some of my passions down on paper, and I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed the writing. It is a mix of ancient and modern, fact and fantasy, and you can read an excerpt here.
Better still, click this Christmas Present to claim your free gift - a copy of Jacqueline and Another Sexy Year and that will be a lot of fun!

 Jacqueline lives in Far North Queensland, on the shore of the Coral Sea. She keeps herself busy with her cats and garden, and by writing books - some of which are far too naughty for her own good. You can find out more about Jacqueline and her books at www.jacquelinegeorgewriter.com

No comments:

Post a Comment